Love our City | Radiate Christian Leadership into Our Communities
We will develop leaders and send them into their communities to lead transformational change.
• Grow and strengthen Christian leadership development opportunities, including:
» Working faith: live out our faith in the workplace.
» Rooted: equip Christ followers to live out their faith in the city.
• Develop a holistic community for youth in Gulfton/Sharpstown at our youth center.
• Strengthen relationships with community leaders and partners to solidify our commitment to lasting impact.
• Initiate the “Love our City challenge”, inviting people to use their spiritual gifts to Love our City.
Expand our Table | Invite New People to Join our Mission
We will embrace an inclusive and invitational posture to engage new people.
• Deepen our “we are one church” model of invitational, inclusive culture, resource hub, and caring ministry for both Gethsemane and our city.
• Create a series of attractional events and programs for our broad community.
• Produce tangible resources for our community to expand their knowledge and strengthen their voice.
• Develop a communications plan for telling St. Luke’s/Gethsemane story to our community.
Strengthen our Foundation | Reinforce Key Processes and Effectiveness
We will develop the human, ﬁnancial, and technological resources necessary for the growth of the church and the success of current and future ministries.
• Identify, call, equip, and deploy Christian leaders in our church and community.
• Implement clear processes and playbooks to love and disciple the people of our congregation to take their next best step in serving our church.
• Host conversations around generosity, education, and transparency.
• Invest in appropriate technology to achieve our goals.